21 Tips For Weight Loss At Home
If your doctor recommends it, there are many ways to safely lose weight! The following 21 tips can help you reduce your appetite and improve your metabolic health.
1. Drink water before each meal Water naturally suppresses your appetite and helps you burn more calories! The rule of thumb is to drink half of your body weight in ounces. Sip on water before every meal, to more weight and reduce your overall calorie intake.
2. Do not skip breakfast It can be tempting to skip breakfast during hectic mornings, but you shouldn’t make it a habit! People who skip breakfast may have a tendency to eat more at other meals during the day. This can lead to weight gain over time.
3. Eat on a regular schedule Eat at consistent times to allow for proper digestion of your food. When you eat every 3 to 4 hours to keep your blood sugar consistent, you reduce your risk of overeating.
4. Take a glucomannan supplement Glucomannan is water-soluble dietary fiber. It is very low in calories and helps promote a feeling of fullness. This enables you to reduce your intake of food without feeling hungry.
5. Drink black coffee You burn more calories when you drink black coffee regularly throughout the day. Coffee helps your body burn more fat and it is also an excellent source of antioxidants!
6. Incorporate vegetables into every meal Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can add to your diet. Leafy greens such as kale, spinach, and swiss chards are low in calories and high in fiber, making them great for weight loss.
7. Eat spicy foods Certain spices, including cumin, turmeric, peppers, and chilies, contain a significant amount of capsaicin, which helps reduce your appetite and stimulates your metabolism. If you eat spicy food every day, you may improve your chance of losing weight!
8. Life weights Lifting weights can help you lose weight and slim down by increasing your metabolism. Build more muscle and you’ll have an easier time burning fat!
9. Eat more fiber Eating foods rich in fiber can help you lose belly fat! Dietary fiber is filling and low in calories. It is an essential part of managing your weight and cholesterol.
10. Get 7-9 hours of sleep per night When you cut back on sleep, you are more likely to gain weight and overeat during the day. Getting adequate, quality sleep is important for your weight loss plan.
11. Cut out sugary beverages Sugar-sweetened beverages are the leading source of added sugars in the American diet. They are also the largest source of calories from added sugars. To avoid weight gain, cut back on these beverages.
12. Drink green tea Green tea may help your body burn fat more efficiently. Green tea has the highest amount of antioxidants of any tea. These antioxidants protect your body against disease and are an essential part of a healthy diet.
13. Eat protein at every meal A reduced-calorie, high-protein diet can be highly effective for weight loss. This means incorporating plenty of lean protein, fruits, and vegetables into your diet.
14. Chew your food for at least 10 seconds Properly chewing your food can help you control your appetite. Chewing also increases the number of calories your body burns during digestion.
15. Prepare your meals beforehand When you meal prep, you measure your portions beforehand. This allows you to keep tabs on the amount of food that you eat. When you stay organized and in control of what you eat, you are more likely to lose weight.
16. Try intermittent fasting Intermittent fasting is known to improve your metabolic health, induce weight loss, and prevent obesity. It involves daily fasting for 16 hours and eating all your food within an 8-hour window of time. For example, you may eat all of your meals between 11:00am and 7:00pm. This timed approach to eating is a highly effective weight loss tool.
17. Keep unhealthy foods out of the house If food is out of sight, it is out of mind! To prevent unnecessary calorie consumption, keep the chips, soda, and sweets out of the house and stock your fridge with fruits, vegetables, and lean protein.
18. Eat plant-based three times a week Plant-based foods are chock full of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Colorful vegetables help fill you up without adding extra calories.
19. Spice up your food Herbs and spices can help you fight cravings and boost fat loss. The top herbs to add to your food include cayenne pepper, ginger, oregano, ginseng, and turmeric.
20. Limit alcohol to weekends Alcohol is high in calories and increases belly fat storage. If you wish to continue drinking, opt for wine or low alcohol beer in small quantities.
21. Weigh yourself once a week To stay on track of your weight loss goals, you should weigh yourself once a week. While daily weighing can lead to discouragement, weekly weigh-ins allow you to stay on top of your progress.